Monday, November 3, 2008

How long?

Meredith had to run errands this afternoon and I was stuck in my crate for a long time. When she came back, her hands were full of AH groceries and she was coughing and sounded really sick. We had a brief conversation about the fact that it was high time I went outside for a walk.

M:
Listen, Lacey, I don’t feel very well (cough cough) and I need you to wait until Mike gets home from work; he’ll let you out.

L:
When is Mike getting home?

M:
Well, I don’t know but I just tried to call him at work and there was no answer so he’s probably already left and will be here in less than 15 minutes. Can you wait?

L:
I suppose I can wait.

-20 minutes go by-

-Phone rings-

M:
Lacey, that was Mike on the phone and I was mistaken- he is just leaving work now and so it will be another 15 minutes. Sorry about that. Can you wait?

L:
(legs crossed) I guess so. But I’m really not happy about it.

M:
Sorry, I just don’t feel good right now. Please be patient.

L:
Okay. (eats dinner, plays with bone, looks out the window)

-30 minutes go by-

L:
If you don’t let me out right now, I’m seriously going to pee on your foot.

M:
Alright! I’ll let you out. But we have to compromise. I can’t take you for a walk. You’ll have to just do your stuff right in the parking lot on the leaves.

L:
I don’t care! Let me out!

Don’t worry, no feet were peed on tonight. She let me out, I went in the parking lot, and we went back inside. I couldn’t believe how long it was taking Mike to get home. Twenty minutes later he walked in the door. “What happened? Are you okay?,” asked Meredith.
“My bike broke.”

From what I could understand Mike decided to pump up a low tire on his bike but ended up taking the tire apart and losing a piece of it. Bummer! So he rode the bus home. But everything turned out okay because he took me for a nice run-walk and I got to bite the leash!

1 comment:

Meg Devine Maxwell said...

Get yourself a litter box, Lacers. It's sooooo convenient!